Type: Series
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: M
Characters: Ava, Samuel, Luca and Andrew
Word Count: 1037
Word Count: 1037
Glossary:
Warning: language and some violence
Like broken mirrors
Ten million shards of glass and tears
But now we are
Awake enough to shatter what we hate
Like broken mirrors
Reflections of an unfamiliar face
Broken Mirrors-Rise Against
Luca and Andrew were only
gone for half an hour when April’s phone rang. She pulled it out of her pocket
and glanced at the caller ID. She was so tempted to ignore it when she saw it
was Ethan. But she knew he wouldn’t take kindly to her duck and dive games.
With a weary sigh she
pressed the “answer” button on the phone.
“I was starting to think you’re avoiding me,” Ethan drawled softly on his end of the line.
April ignored him; she
wouldn’t engage him, no matter how tempted she was.
When he didn’t get the
riled up response he’d hoped for, Ethan cut to the chase. “Time is up, April. My men will be there in a few minutes. Get the
Star ready.”
April panicked, her mind
scattered in a million directions as she tried to think of ways to stall him.
But she’d run out of excuses, run out of ideas. She had nothing to hold him off
with. But his men coming to the manor wasn’t an option. Especially now when she
had no backup.
“Ethan, please. Just a few
more days. I’m begging you,” April cried at last, angry flustered tears
brimming in her eyes.
“I’m open to negotiation.” She could hear the smile in his voice and she fumed
anew. She knew what he was getting at, and she wouldn’t go there. Once was
enough.
“Are you still there?” Ethan continued.
“I’ll be at the Inn, same room as the last time. 10:00 pm, April, don’t keep me
waiting.”
“Go to hell!” April
hissed.
“I’ll save you a seat when I get there. But right
now, get the Star ready; my men will be there in a jiffy.”
Ethan cut the call before
she could say anything.
For what seemed like
forever, April just stood there, staring at the phone in her hand, wondering
how they were going to get out of this mess.
“Is everything okay?” Willow pulled her
attention away from the phone.
“No, nothing is okay,
Ethan’s men are on their way-”She didn't get to explain, the front door
caved in then, and all hell broke loose as they found themselves
face to face with Ethan and his clan…
_______
Samuel was outside when
Luca and Andrew emerged from the shadows; he was obviously on a watch of some
sort, keeping an eye out for them.
In a few short strides
they’d crossed the front yard. They immediately went into attack mode when they
saw the rifle at his side. But Samuel raised his hand in a halfhearted gesture,
surrendering to his fate.
Luca couldn’t hide his
disappointment. He’d expected a fight of some sort. In fact he was looking
forward to a little bit of resistance; it would have made their war all the
more thrilling. But now, it looked like Samuel was giving up before the fight
had even begun. There was no fun in that.
“I’m sorry for what Ava
did. It was a terrible mistake-”Samuel began.
But Luca cut him off.
“Bullshit!”
Before they could get into
a pissing contest, Andrew threw the first punch. He wasn’t one for small talk.
He didn’t give a shit about Samuel and his white flag. He’d come for revenge,
he’d be damned if he’d leave the lair without Samuel’s head or Ava’s.
Seeing that the diplomatic
approach wasn’t working Samuel tried to reach for the rifle, but Luca kicked it
away from him as he climbed up the rickety steps in search of Ava.
She was ready for him with
her gun with her when he walked in; she’d obviously heard the altercation
outside.
“Take your best shot, and
make sure you don’t miss,” Luca warned her.
Ava hesitated for just a
fraction of a second when Andrew walked in, dragging a beat up Samuel with him.
That second was enough for
Luca to leap at her and stun her to the ground.
Just as he was about sink
his fangs in her neck he froze. The
second heartbeat was unexpected.
“You bitch!” He growled at
her, reading her cold smile for what it was.
“Let’s see what everyone
says when they find out you murdered a pregnant woman, go ahead and kill me.
Do it!”
Her words, followed by her
hearty laugh were his unraveling. He let out a long, enraged howl before he
ripped her neck, small droplets of blood flying in every direction.
Ava’s chilling screams
were not enough to stop Luca’s assault, and it took all of Andrew’s strength to
subdue him. Even he had limits, it was an unspoken rule, they never hunted
children and pregnant women, just like they never fed from the elderly.
Luca pushed Andrew away
and got up from the ground. He approached Samuel.
“How does it feel?” He
glared down at him. Samuel bowed his head shamefully, unable to meet his eyes.
“How does it feel, to know
I can end both their lives right now?” Luca roared at him as he crouched to his
level.
“Please I’m so sorry-”
“Enough, Luca. Let’s go,”
Andrew tried to reason with him, but he wasn’t budging.
“How does it feel?” Luca
yelled again as he kicked Samuel.
When he didn’t get the
desired answer he dragged Ava from the floor and propped her up on a chair at
the dining table where Samuel could see her. He reached for one of the knives
on the table, and grabbed her right arm roughly, the same one she used to fire
her gun. Ava tried to resist, but she was no match for him, he quickly stunned
her into submission. Before any of them had figured out what was happening,
he’d already chopped off her hand in one swift movement.
“No!” Samuel screamed
right along with Ava as she stared at the gaping hole where her hand used to
be, blood oozed out an alarming speed, dripping on the surface, making a mess
all over the floor.
“Jesus, Luca!” Andrew
growled before he left the room, he couldn’t watch the carnage.
“Let this be a warning to
you and your hunters,” Luca threw Ava’s hand at Samuel. “I won’t be so merciful
next time.”


























Holy shit!
ReplyDeleteI admire Luca for not killing her. I haven't decided how I feel about him cutting off her hand other than Luca doesn't mess around, does he? However, I can tell this ain't his norm because of Andrew's reaction.
I feel sorry for Samuel. He couldn't protect his bitch of a woman, and he'll have a hell of a time convincing Luca that he's really sorry.
(I also couldn't help but giggle when I saw the pic of Samuel sitting on the steps and that pic you posted in the coffeehouse. *giggles again*)
Loved it! Now gimme more and this time I wanna know what's going on with Candace! :)
LOL @ "Holy shit!"
DeleteNo, he doesn't mess around. It's not in him to be so violent, but by going after Cadence, he almost cost him everything. Cadence isn't just someone he loves, but she has the power to free his brother too, so with her gone, Ava would have taken away all the hope and dreams he'd clung to for the past 20 years.
Not being able to protect Ava will stay with him for a long time, and I think it will damage him somehow psychologically.
IKR, about the pic! That's why I posted it in the coffeehouse, I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it all.
Thanks for reading.
All I could think this entire update was: did she really think he couldn't do worse things to her?
ReplyDeleteKill her is a no-no! All parts of her body that aren't vital organs... She should've known better! He honestly went easy on her after learning of the child.
Using a child as a shield. That woman is unfit to be a mother! Sam warned her! She put their child at risk!
I felt nothing when he ripped her throat or when he removed her hand. I did feel the part when Luca asked Sam how it felt...
It makes me a really bad person for thinking it, and I'm truly sorry, but for a second I flashed the thought of taking her leg instead of her hand...
I guess I felt Luca a bit too much on the Cade thing... I'm really sorry... and I hope the blood-loss doesn't hurt the child... for Sam sake! I refuse to care one bit for Ava!
Ava didn't think beyond death as punishment really, so Luca retaliating like that was an unpleasant, grisly surprise for her and Samuel.
DeleteAnd yeah, I'm with you, he could have done so much to her, but he was able to hold back just a little. It could have been far worse.
I can understand why you wouldn't feel any sympathy for her, she hasn't done anything to make herself endearing to the readers. I don't agree with half the stuff she's done, but I can understand her motivation too, its just too bad that she took a huge gamble and she lost.
Taking her leg could have worked too, but now with her hand gone, she can't shoot anyone ever again.
The blood loss is worrying, I think Sam would go insane if anything were to happen to his child.
Thanks for reading.
I hate to say this but I don't blame Luca for doing that to Ava but at the same time hope she and the baby are ok.
ReplyDeleteSamuel and Luca are the ones I feel sorry for in this because of their love for each of their woman they are both torn.
Glad I saw Luca made my day :)
Great update :)
Evil, evil woman! LOl, no, I'm just kidding. I understand where you're coming from. With everything she's been through it will be a miracle if the baby survives.
DeleteThat's true, about Luca and Samuel. They are both just trying to make lemonade out of the lemons they've been given.
LOL, glad he made your day.
Thanks for reading.
holy shit!!!!!! Ava you pushed him too far and now look. The heartlessness came out full force. Wow that was more than unexpected. Wow.
ReplyDeleteApril and Willow...please let them be ok or Andrew is going to go nuts. With Luca stalling getting the blood from Cade they ran out of time. Now poor April either has to give it back or worse let Ethan touch her again. :(
Yep, his cold, heartless side made itself known in this update, and yeah, agreed on Ava she did push him too far.
DeleteApril and Willow are in trouble, but since Rudi's there, maybe it won't be so bad. But yes, April doesn't seem to have much of choice, she has to give back the Star.
Thanks for reading.
Oh, wow! I wasn't expecting that!
ReplyDeleteAnd I guess Ava wasn't either. I can't say I feel all that bad for her, after what she did, butI just hope the blowback isn't too harsh on Luca.
Maybe the hunters will take the warning, but maybe the cycle of revenge just continues.
And, Ethan showing up, I can't wait to see what happens next.
No, Ava wasn't expecting it either, in her mind she'd thought killing her was possibly the only thing Luca could do to her. And yeah, you're right the cycle of revenge may just continue.
DeleteThanks for reading.
HOLY DOUBLE SHITBRICKS!
ReplyDeleteYou have completely surprised me. When I saw that picture of the knife raised my jaw literally dropped open. NICE! XD I might be feeling a little sadistic but I think Ava got exactly what she deserved. You cant poke the lion and not expect it bite back. Sure the pregnancy did save her life, but she lost that hand. Damn...Val....I am still in shock! XD
This was a terrific chapter. Though I am so nervous about Ethan and his gang against April and Willow. *Bites Nails*
Dusty,
DeleteIt's so great to hear from you. Sorry about the late comment, RL's been really busy, plus I sort of took November off to focus on Nano. But I'm back now.
I hope the pic wasn't too gory, I know the scene was, and I'm really sorry to all the faint hearted. Very true, about poking the lion, that's exactly what Ava did, and too bad for her she underestimated Luca. Yeah, cutting off the hand was just Luca's way of making sure she never hunts or shoots another person again.
*blushes*, thank you, your encouragement means a lot to me.
Whoa!!!! Oh my gods that was awesome! Go Luca! I would not have stopped at her hand - her head on a platter is better by far. And pregnant - Ava does not deserve to be a mother. Samuel is sadly the one to feel the repercussions of Ava's sick, twisted mad mind. Intense.
ReplyDeleteBut codes and all, I guess Luca needs to abide by codes. He has to retain some of his humanity, as much as I am sure he did not want to. But when the codes prevent what should happen? Ugh, it stinks. Knowing what to do and not being able to do it. But Ava acted on her own, why should she not be punished? She intended to kill Cadence. Her death was warranted. Oh man what an update. This was fantastic and the pictures were deliriously awesome.
I smiled so wide when I saw your comment, I'm very glad the chapter doesn't seem to have disturbed you. I agree on Ava, she has a funny way of showing her love for her baby.
DeleteI know what you mean, Ava really does deserve far worse than she got and if Andrew wasn't there, Luca would have very well killed her.
Thank you so much for your kind words, your poses and everyone else's always make shooting scenes fun and exciting and I love seeing the end result.
Thanks for reading, Fae.
*giant hugs*
I forgot all about poor April! I hope the boys make it to her in time. I really am worried about Ethan and his approach. Is Cadence still there? Ugh, I am not sure if that's better or worse. Maybe she can help since Ethan will be horrible I am sure.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to read some more.
Ethan's sneakiness is cause for concern, sadly April is all alone, and things don't look promising for her and Willow. But yeah, here's to hoping the boys get therein time...
DeleteAnd I'm so excited to see you excited.
WOW! Luca doesn't mess around. He didn't kill her, but he made his message very clear. Hands off Cadence!!! I wonder if this will make the hunters think twice or want revenge now. Poor Cadence is still in the middle, but at least now everyone knows how Luca feels. He isn't going to let anyone get away with hurting her. That was so exciting Val!
ReplyDeleteI hope that April doesn't sacrifice herself again. I don't think that she'd be able to live with herself afterwards.
I commented on the last chapter too, but I don't know if Blogger let it go through.
Daisies,
Delete*hugs*
No, he doesn't mess around. You're absolutely right, his message was loud and clear and if anyone goes tries anything on Cadence after this, they'll be asking for trouble. Yay, I'm so glad you found it exciting, I worried that this update might freak out readers.
Not this time, she won't, she's just starting to get over their last incident, doing it again would shatter her badly.
yes, I saw your comments, I'm just delayed on approving them.
Thanks for reading.
Wow, well I don't know. He only cut off one hand right? She loved using that gun so maybe this will teach her to leave guns alone! She really should or she may lose her other hand!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ Aeon. My feelings exactly on the subject of Ava, her gun and the hand she's just lost. Thanks for reading.
DeleteOh the drama! Awesome chapter!!! I hope April and Willow are okay, and it would be terrible if Ethan took advantage of April again. If Julian ever gets out, I hope he can forgive her; she's just trying to help him. As for Ava, serves her right. Kudos to Luca for not killing her and just slicing off her hand. He may have intended it as a warning but it could spark more anger in the hunters, so they'd want to come after the vampires even more. Hopefully they heed Luca's warning. Looking forward to the next chapter, great job!
ReplyDeleteYes, drama galore. Thank you, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.
DeleteIt honestly doesn't look good for April and Willow. Agreed on Ethan, sleeping with him again will be a giant mistake. That's another thing with Julian, they have a lot to talk about when he does finally get out, and confessing to her one time with Ethan won't be an easy thing I imagine.
Very true about the Luca and the hunters, he may have made things worse. We'll find out in the few updates.
Thank you so much for returning to this, I really appreciate all your support and feedback!
Wow, I just started reading this and I had to read all 33 chapters before I commented. And after each chapter I thought I have things to do a life to live and then I thought ehh one more chapter haha.
ReplyDeleteI think Ava got just what she deserved and if she wasn't pregnant I'd be routing for Luca to kill her. lol I'm terrible I know. But they could have let Samuel alone he didn't do anything but I doubt he'd let them just walk right in and beat up his wife without doing anything.
Gah April and Willow are in some deep trouble. I kinda hope that Luca killed him when he was in their hotel room then they could have kept the star for as long as they want!
I just realized something their all a bunch of procrastinaters. It's all boiling down to this finial moment, why couldn't they have done this months ago? But no they have to wait to the last second and then of course Cade has to get shot and of course she has to be battling with some inner demon to just drag it even futher down. LOL
And now that I'm just ranting I think this is a great place to end haha. Great story everything is so captivating, the drama, the way you've written it, everything. Great job can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Yay, a new reader. I'm so happy right now I don't know what to with myself.
DeleteFirst, thank you so much for giving TF a chance and reading all 33 chapters.
I think most will def agree with you there on Ava. And you're right Samuel didn't do anything wrong as such, but he is her husband and he leader of the hunters so Luca and his clan hold him responsible for what his hunters' actions. And I agree, Samuel would not have let them touch Ava without putting up a fight.
Luca would have loved to kill Ethan back in Al Simhara, but their primary concern then was the Star, and if anything had happened to Ethan, the curator would have known they'd had something to do with it.
And I couldn't agree more on the procrastination, but I think it's more on Luca's part. Everything is ready, it's just Cadence they need now, but Luca won't push her to do anything she doesn't want to do, even if it is rescuing his brother and her own father.
As for dragging it out, I don't mean to, but I need to close off a few storylines before I get back into the main story. stay with me, just a few more chapters and we'll be back on track.
Again, thank you so much for reading and commenting, I appreciate the time you took to read TF.
NOOOO!THIS CAN'T BE THE END!PLESSS TELL ME ITS NOT THE END I READ THIS BLOG 2 TIMES...lucky you you have Luca :(.I try making sexy vampires in my game...It just dont go well.. -missing Luca (Fan Gurlie Of Him).....................Ik im crushing over a fictional character :( Why can't Luca Be my sims boyfriend..and i dont blame him for killing Ava..She almost made Cadence Die!!!How dare that woman.I feel bad for Cade..wow i am writing alot.Why do you leave me excited Every time D:.Darn you.I know im being obsessive over Luca but can you blame me?He's Gorgussssssssssssss!I cant believe Ethan came...April and Willow are in some deeeep doggy poo.What If He Asks For The Starr?Omg That won't be good...Im Ranting arent I?Im Sorry I just love the Forsaken *Fan Girlish Squeal**Happy Dance*
ReplyDelete-Fan Girl Of Luca
Yay, another new reader. Awesome. Thank you so much for reading TF twice, that's a lot of love for Luca.
DeleteLOL @ your Luca crush. I know what you mean about making sims, sometimes they don't always turn out quite the way we want. I don't think Cadence would like it very much if Luca was your sim's BF, I can just see a catfight.
And thank you for all the love for Luca, I've flattered you like him so much.
Yes, April and Willow are in deep doodoo, and they'll have to do everything in their power to save themselves. It won't be easy considering it's Ethan they are up against. And Ethan's visit has a lot to do with the Star.
I'm really touched you love TF so much, and again thank you for giving it a chance, I appreciate your feedback and encouragement.
P.S Emphasis On The Wishing I had Luca!!:D
ReplyDeleteLOL, I got you, but sadly at this point all the TF characters are not up for download. But if I ever put them up, you'll be the second person to know, another reader's asked for him.
DeleteThanks for reading!
~ Sorries I is so late commenting!(RL problems)
ReplyDelete~ This was very dramatic,& dare I say Spectacular,I do not care what any one says but I love your descriptions & pictures,I am a big fan off both! Loves it!
~ This was so unexpected,I was looking forward to Ava dying,but she knew better,& knew that Luca would not kill her,because of their basic rules!
~ I do not see any of their packed,retaliating for Ava,as they left her to her fate,they washed there hands of her crazy ways!They all knew there would be trouble if not from Luca then the Witches!
~ They did not want to stick around & find out which!
~ I worry for the girls back home with Ethan there,I hope they can keep the stone,but that would require more payment,& that is not an option any more!
~ I say kill him!But then,they do need that stone!
~ Love it! On the edge of my seat for more! (",)
-does zombie-I.Need.Moreee.of.the.forsakennnnn. -attacks you ;)-
ReplyDeleteIf I were Luca I don't know that I would have that much restraint..especially after she laughed at him. I know she probably has no moral code but using her baby...there's just no words for the disgust I feel for that woman. Who I feel sorry for is Samuel.
ReplyDeleteWell, April just got a whole lot more than what she bargained for, I can not see this going well...edenz~
Wow, they're hard on poor Samuel... They don't even listen to him.
ReplyDeleteAva deserved a punition, but that was a bloody one... She's mentally unbalanced. Really, that's not the way to end a war.