Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: M
Characters: April, Andrew, Cadence, Julian, Luca, Melanie, Rachel, Rudi, Sonja,Warrick, Willow
Word Count: 6198
Word Count: 6198
Glossary:
Warning: nudity, adult situations
"If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"
Chasing Cars - Sleeping At Last
Luca hated to be the one to break up the reunion party, but the newly released Vampires had to feed and get ready to clear out of Twinbrook.
So while everyone prepared for their departure, Cadence and Warrick went to the crypt to talk.
Cadence sat on the altar bed. Warrick joined her and took her hand.
“You did nothing wrong, Cadence.”
“I locked you away,” Cadence shook her head, she knew he was trying to make her feel better, but nothing would change the fact that her blood had sealed him in and robbed of twenty years of his life he'll never get back.
“And it’s your blood that’s freed me now,” Warrick reminded her.
Cadence gave him an incredulous look. “You read my thoughts?”
“I can, but I didn’t have to, I can see it in your eyes, the guilt you feel. It’s time you forgave
yourself.”
yourself.”
Cadence didn’t say anything after this. There was so much she wanted to say to him though, but she barely knew him, barely knew what he liked and didn’t like.
“There’ll be plenty of time for that,” Warrick smiled and then added, “Yes; this time I read your thoughts.”
Cadence laughed as she searched his face, looking for some hint of herself in him. Even now, she couldn’t see it. She was her mother’s daughter, through and through.
“I don’t look like you,” she touched his cheek lightly, making sure that he's truly there, and not some figment of her imagination.
“Imagine if you did,” Warrick laughed. “You would have made a very handsome girl.”
Cadence just smiled and bumped his shoulder playfully.
“I can’t come to Hidden Springs with you,” she told him after a brief pause.
“May I ask why?”
“I have to go to Bridgeport; I was handpicked by one of the best dance companies in the country. Emme says-” She stopped, catching herself. It was still so hard to believe that her dance teacher, her mentor, probably the only person who truly believed in her talent was gone. Her heart constricted painfully in her chest, and she closed her eyes quickly, blinking away the tears dancing in her eyes.
“Emme said,” She began in a quivering voice. “She said it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.” She explained.
Warrick nodded his head. “Why do you look so sad though?”
“I don’t know, maybe because the timing is all wrong. I just found you and now I have to let you go. And with Emme gone, it doesn't feel right anymore. She should be here. But she’s not. And it’s my fault. She wanted to help us so badly. And now she’s gone.”
“Nonsense. It’s not your fault; Emme’s death is not on you!” Warrick assured her as he kissed her temple. “If it’s the same Emme I knew back then, she would have wanted to help, and she wouldn't want you to blame yourself. If not for yourself, then go to Bridgeport to honor her memory. I’ll see you all the time; Bridgeport is not too far from Hidden Springs.”
Cadence perked up at the idea of his visits to Bridgeport, but the sad look in her eyes didn’t go away.
“Is that all that’s making you sad?” Warrick asked.
Cadence shook her head and looked away quickly. She didn’t want him to think she was being a cry baby. She wanted to be brave and strong for him. She didn’t want him to see just how torn she was over the mess with Luca.
“Does it have to do with Luca?”
Cadence couldn’t lie to him, Warrick could see it in her eyes, see it in the way her lower lip trembled as she tried to fight back her tears, but she still didn’t say anything to confirm his suspicions.
“Look, kid, I've been out of the game for twenty years, and I don’t know much about your relationship with Luca, so I can’t tell you what to do. But as your father, all I want is for you to be happy.” Warrick squeezed her hand.
“You know what makes me happy?” Cadence asked brightly.
Warrick could see she was trying to change the subject, so he humored her. “Tell me.”
“Music from Swan Lake. Luca bought me this quaint music box in Egypt; it has a mummy ballerina-”
Warrick was happy to listen to Cadence talk about the music box and her dancing. He loved hearing her voice, loved learning more about her best friends too, and seeing Sonja through her eyes.
He could see now what Sonja had meant when she’d told him about her; she was a very special girl, a child in so many ways, and a beautiful bright young woman in others. Luca would have a hell of a time keeping up with her if they ever worked things out.
They were laughing and joking when Sonja brought Warrick his meal almost an hour later.
She handed him the warm mug, Warrick eagerly accepted it. He was famished.
Cadence scrunched up her face when she caught the acrid smell wafting from the mug “What is it?”
“Blood,” Sonja replied.
The look on Cadence’s face was comical.
“Don’t worry, we didn’t kill anyone, it’s synthetic!” Sonja assured her with a smile.
Cadence got up from the bed and stretched. “I have to get my music box.” Without waiting for their reply she approached the stairs. She turned back though to kiss Warrick on the cheek.
"It's good to have you home," she told him before she ran out of the room.
"It's good to have you home," she told him before she ran out of the room.
Downstairs in the dining room Luca was engaged in a tense discussion with his clan as they went over some map and finalized their travel plans.
He looked up and stared at her with an unreadable look in his eyes before he returned his attention back to the map on the table.
Feeling disappointed, Cadence turned on her heel and left the room. She found Rachel and Rudi lingering near the front door, looking anxious.
“What’s going on?” Cadence asked her best friends as they both stared at her earnestly. And at that moment she knew. And it was all it took to unravel all the fragile threads that had been keeping her together for the past few days.
After everything she’d been through that day, after losing Emme and then finding her father, losing her best friends was the last thing she’d expected.
“Tell me it’s not true,” she cried in a small voice.
“Bridgeport is your dream, Cade. Not ours,” Rachel told her quietly.
“But you said you wanted to come to Bridgeport. You said we could start over there.”
“You need to start over. With your father. With Luca. We’ll just be in the way,” Rudi finally spoke as he pulled her into his arms.
“I can’t go to Bridgeport on my own!” Cadence wailed on his chest.
“Of course you can. And you won’t be alone. You’ll have your mom and dad. For the first time your family will be complete, Cade. Isn't that what you always wanted?” Rudi reminded her as he lifted her chin and stared into her eyes.
He was right, of course. All she’d ever wanted was her father. But Rachel and Rudi were a part of her she couldn’t leave behind. Without them her family wouldn’t feel complete.
“We’ll talk all the time on the phone. We’ll Skype every night and e-mail you every day, you’ll be so sick of us it will be like you never left.” Rachel told her, it was her turn now to give Cadence a long hug. They held on to each other for a while, both girls silently crying over the other’s shoulder.
“I can help you pack if you want,” Rachel offered when they both felt strong enough to let go.
“It’s okay. I don’t have much to take,” Cadence smiled as she linked their hands and all three left the manor and walked across the marsh to Cadence’s home.
Outside her house, Cadence hugged her best friends once more, with promises to call and write every day, before she ran up the steps.
_________
Warrick took small sips from his mug as he stared at Sonja. He knew is unwavering gaze was unsettling for her, he could tell by the way the blush crept up from her neck, all the way to her cheeks. But for the life of him, he couldn't look away.
"You are staring," Sonja admonished quietly at last, unable to take his scrutiny any longer.
"I'm sorry," Warrick smiled sheepishly, showing his fangs briefly as he crossed the room and took her hands. He turned them over and kissed her palms, like he used to back then. The gesture reminded Sonja of how much she'd missed out on, all the little things she'd forced herself not to think about till now, it made her want to cry.
"How is it possible? You haven't aged a day," he murmured as he brushed a loose strand of hair from her face. "It's like time stopped the day I left and now it's picking up right where we left off."
Sonja cried harder at his words. They were absurd. As much as she loved her daughter and didn’t regret a single moment with her, Cadence’s existence was a painful reminder of how much time had passed. But, she understood what Warrick meant. In a lot of ways time had stopped the day she lost him. She never really let go of him, never wanted to. There were other men who were interested in her, they’d wanted to comfort her and shoulder the burden of raising her daughter with her. But in her heart, she always knew they would never be enough. So she'd found solace in the memories of her once-in-a-lifetime love, and she’d clung to the ghost of the man she couldn't forget.
Without a word, she unfastened her necklace, and let it fall loosely in her hand.
Warrick gasped and stared wide eyed as father-time wrapped Sonja in his embrace.
She looked decades older than the woman who’d stood in front of him just moments before, but Warrick didn’t care, for in her face, he could see all the time he’d lost with her, the life they should have had, the memories they’d never have, and the terrible marks of heartbreak his imprisonment had left on her. She looked like what his life would look like now if he’d listened to her that night and stayed home with her and their little girl, all those years ago.
"My God, you are magic!" He murmured as he kissed her lips and held her tightly in his embrace.
Warrick knew something was terribly wrong though when he felt Sonja go limp in his arms.
"What's happening?" He asked, panic rising in the pit of his stomach. Sonja tried to speak, but only a wheezing sound rushed through her lips, she waved the necklace frantically at Warrick until understanding dawned in his eyes.
He took the thin strand of silver and fastened it around her neck and watched in awe as Sonja transformed again into a younger version of herself.
"Don't ever take it off!" Warrick growled in her hair, tears silently falling from his eyes.
He understood then what she’d tried to tell him. Time had not stood still. But the enchanted necklace was a guarantee to the life they should have had all those years ago…
_______
April didn't know how it happened, but she found herself alone with Julian.
She’d done a very good job of evading him, using any excuse she could think of not be alone with him. Until now.
She heard him stir in his chair and a moment later she felt his strongs arms around her. She tried to pull away, but he held her in place.
"April." His voice sounded rough, like he hadn't spoken in years, maybe he hadn't. She didn't know much about his life in the cellar. She'd wanted to visit him all the time, but Julian had made Luca promise not to bring her down there. She understood his reasons, he didn't want her to remember him that way, locked up and weakened, but she wished she'd had a choice in the matter.
Ever so gently Julian turned her around to look at him, but April couldn't meet his eyes, she was so afraid if she so much as looked at him he would see the truth, how unworthy of him she was.
Julian took her hands and played with the promise ring he'd given her all those years ago.
"You kept it," he said softly, staring at the gem sparkling in the dim light.
"You sound surprised," April replied.
"It's just-" his voice trailed off as he let go of her hand and walked to the window. It was pitch dark outside, nothing much to see, but Julian gazed intently at the shadows crawling in the darkness.
"It's just what?" April prodded him.
"I imagined this meeting at least a million times. It's what kept me alive all these years. Yet here we are, and you've barely said a word to me, you can't even look at me. Did I do something wrong?" He asked, turning from the window. This time the anguish in his voice shocked her into action. She crossed the room and threw herself in his arms.
"It's not you," She cried on his chest. "It's me. I can't look at you because I'm ashamed. Ashamed of the lengths I went to, to get you here. I didn't want to be alone with you because I was prolonging the inevitable. I knew there's no way you'd want to be with me when you learned the truth and I suppose avoiding you was the only way I could hold on to you just for a little while longer."
"I know about Ethan," Julian told her quietly.
For a long time April stood frozen in place, she'd spent a large part of the evening avoiding him, but now she couldn't hide from him.
"Did Luca tell you? What did he say?" She asked at last.
"No. It's what he didn't say. My brother's silence speaks volumes sometimes. And the day you came back with the stone, he was more silent than usual."
"I'm sorry," April threw herself at his feet, begging for forgiveness.
Wordlessly, Julian lifted her up from the floor and took her in his arms.
"He was my worst enemy!" He growled, his quiet rage dancing bright in his eyes.
"But you are my heart!" Tenderness burned with just as much intensity in his voice. "Without you I cannot exist,"
"So wipe your tears," he kissed her eyelids gently before he covered her lips with his.
"We are never to speak of him again!" Julian said seriously when they finally came up for air.
As she nodded her head in agreement, April caught their reflection in the mirror above the fireplace, and for the first time since the mess with Ethan she didn't look away from her mirror image, the shame that had clouded up her eyes for the past few weeks, was now gone.
She laughed with utter relief and happiness. Her laughter, loud and happy, was contagious, soon Julian found himself laughing with her as he realized anew that it was one of the sounds he'd missed the most.
_________
They'd been outside for a while, walking the grounds. The minute Melanie left the cellar, she'd expressed a desire to be outdoors, and Andrew had finally given in to her demands soon after their first clan meeting and she hadn't stopped moving since. He understood her desperate need to keep moving. Hell, if he'd been locked up for two decades, he'd also want to spend every waking moment outside.
Watching his sister now, as she walked around the yard, picking flowers, with her pale hair dancing in the moonlight, felt surreal to him and on more than one occasion he'd pinched himself just to make sure he wasn't dreaming.
"It's not a dream," Willow pecked his cheek lightly just as he was about to pinch himself again.
"And I'm so grateful," Andrew told her with tears in his eyes as he kissed her hand.
"Will she be okay?" Willow asked as they watched Melanie catch fireflies.
"I hope so. The world is so different now. Bigger. Scarier."
"But she has you and the clan."
"And you," Andrew reminded her, seeking her assurance. Their relationship had been borne out of necessity. He'd needed her magic and her spells. But now, years later as they prepared to close this chapter of their lives, he realized it was truly her heart he needed, even back then. They never talked about their future, only his sister's freedom, and now that they'd attained it, he was left with questions and uncertainties and fears he didn't know he had until this very moment.
"And me," Willow affirmed the promise she'd made to him all those years ago. Yes, their relationship had been borne out of necessity, but she would follow him to Hidden Springs out of love...
_________
Long after she'd called Sonja and asked to hitch a ride with them to Bridgeport, Cadence was still in her room, sobbing in her hands, crying over the Origami swan Luca had left for her on her desk at some point during the day.
His message, like that first time, was short and to the point-'We need to talk'.
“Oh Luca!” Cadence thought sadly. He’d picked a hell of a time to want to talk. She honestly didn't see how talking would change anything. Her father was right, she had to go to Bridgeport, if not for herself, for Emme at least. She had to honor her mentor's memory. And she knew in her heart that Luca would never leave his brother, especially when he’d missed out on twenty years with him.
“It wouldn't have worked out anyway, long distance relationships hardly ever work out,” Cadence consoled herself as she got up from the bed and wiped away her tears.
She stuffed her music box in her backpack and took one final wistful look at her room before she headed out. She was going to miss her home and Twinbrook something awful.
She almost fainted when she opened her bedroom door and found Luca in the living room.
She wasn't expecting him, she was so certain that he was still busy with his travel plans back at the manor . But here he was, as handsome and as tempting as the devil himself, looking just as dangerous too with his dark hair tousled in his eyes.
“I knocked, but I don’t think you heard me,” Luca drawled softly. From the relaxed way he was draped on the wall, he didn’t look like he planned on moving any time soon.
“And of course you just invite yourself in!” Cadence snapped as she closed her bedroom door with a soft click.
Luca didn’t have a comeback for her snarky remark. Instead, his lips stretched into a slow smile, it lit up his features and she could feel herself going weak at the knees, but she wouldn't let him get to her, she was still very angry with him. She understood why he couldn’t come to Bridgeport with her, understood that his brother and his clan came first, but it didn’t make the ache in her heart any less.
“Where did you go?” he asked, watching the myriad of emotions dance across her face.
“I have to go!" She cried, ignoring his question. "I need to catch a ride with my parents,”
In a heartbeat, Luca dashed from the wall and pranced toward her as he slowly backed her into a corner, his movements precise and controlled.
“They’re already gone,” he said when he finally stopped in front of her.
“I don’t believe you,” Cadence whispered. He was so close, she could feel herself come undone. His clean natural smell infused with his cologne, or maybe it was his aftershave, whatever it was, aftershave or not, it was intoxicating. She wanted to wrap herself around him and fill up her lungs with his scent, burn it to her memory. She was almost reaching up to him, about to nuzzle his neck, when she caught herself. She stepped back before she did something she would surely regret.
“We can go take a look if you don’t believe me.”
She couldn’t miss the challenge in his voice, and she didn’t want to be drawn into his game, but she had to know, she had to see for herself that he wasn't lying to her.
So she closed up the house and let him lead her across the marsh to the manor.
Sure enough, all the cars, except his old truck, were gone from the front yard and some lights in the house were turned off.
Still, she couldn’t accept that they would all just leave without her. She ran inside, calling out to her parents as she searched the rooms.
All the rooms downstairs were empty; upstairs too, the only place left to look was the crypt. And of course, it was also empty.
“Luca!” She screamed as she threw her backpack on the floor in a fit when she realized she’d played right into his hands.
“Luca!” She screamed as she threw her backpack on the floor in a fit when she realized she’d played right into his hands.
“I told you,” Luca drawled as he came up the stairs.
“You-You-” Cadence pointed at him, her eyes flashing furiously. It all made sense. He had planned it, gotten rid of everyone just so they could be alone and obviously have their talk. It was an underhanded move on his part, and she was very angry with him for manipulating the situation. But she was suddenly scared too, especially now as she took in the subtle changes to the room. She wanted to run away, as fast as she could, and as far away as possible from the approaching train wreck. She wasn't naïve; she knew exactly how this night would end if she didn’t leave now.
But Luca stood on the landing, blocking her escape, there was no way she’d be able to run past him.
“What did you do? What did you say to them? I know mother wouldn't just leave without me!” She glared at him.
“Of course she wouldn't. She gave a hell of a fight, but Warrick made her see reason and eventually she made me promise to take you to Bridgeport and -" his voice faded away.
“And what?” Cadence glared at him.
“And not to touch you-”
“And you won’t?” She didn’t know why his answer was suddenly the single most important thing at that moment.
“Not if you don’t want me to.” Luca closed the small space between them and he had her in his strong grip.
Cadence tried to squirm out of his grasp, but he wouldn’t let go of her.
Gently he lifted her chin, and trailed his thumb on her lips. “Tell me, Cadence, do you want me to touch you?”
She could barely think when he held her like that, when he spoke to her in that voice too, hell she couldn’t think at all when she was in his arms, and she knew that he knew.
“Do you?” He demanded again, as he cupped her cheek.
Of course she wanted him to touch her. She wanted him to do a whole lot more too. But-
“I really have to go; I have to get to Bridgeport.” She cried, hoping it would break the spell between them.
It didn’t though, the harder she tried to get away from him, the more determined he was to hold on to her, “No more running Cadence. We’re going to talk, and you’re going to listen,” He told her. His voice was so soft, but the look in his eyes told her he meant business.
“We’ve said everything we needed to say,” Cadence stared up him defiantly, trying her damnedest not to be intimidated by him, but it was a difficult feat, especially when he held her so closely to him, using his body to disarm her.
“We did?” Luca lowered his head, preparing to kiss her.
“Yes, we did!” She could feel her resolve crumble; she held her breath, craving him, waiting for his touch.
Ever so briefly, Luca brushed the side of her neck with his lips; they felt so cold, a sharp contrast to the heat rising up at her center.
She didn’t feel like talking anymore, she knew their ‘talk’ would end with another ache in her heart, and she didn’t want that. She just wanted to feel and touch and take all she could, for as long as she could. She parted her mouth, enticing him with her tongue as she ran it across her lips, inviting him in.
Enthralled, she watched him slowly bring his mouth to hers, but just as she thought he’d give in, Luca, always in control, deliberately kissed the side of her mouth instead, making her crave him all the more.
“I know what you’re trying to do,” his cool breath fanning her cheek was as devastating as his lips were just moments before.
“What am I trying to do?” Cadence could barely get the question out; her voice was thick with yearning.
“You’re trying to distract me, and it won’t work. We are going to talk!”
And to prove just how strong his resolve was, Luca pried himself from their embrace and stalked off to the fireplace to get the fire going, she knew he was doing it for her benefit since he hardly felt cold.
The sudden silence in the room was unsettling, Cadence found herself making inane talk just so she couldn’t hear her own thoughts. “When did the others leave?”
“Ten minutes ago.” Luca replied as he looked up from the fire.
“And you’re still here,” She carried on with her drivel, she couldn’t stop herself.
“In the flesh!” A small smile tugged at his lips, making him look so much younger than his age.
“Why?”
He didn’t reply. Instead, he turned from the fire, and retrieved a small pouch from his pocket.
Cadence watched him play with the bag, silently wondering what it is. Curiosity got the better of her, and she had to know.
“What’s that?”
“Escape Dust.” Luca replied. “Willow got it from Egypt for our escape plan.”
Cadence was silent as she processed his words. She’d gathered a lot from the little he’d just said, they were going to use her, take her blood, open the door, and escape, leave her and the coven to deal with their mess.
“Why didn’t you use it then? Why didn’t you escape? Why didn’t you leave like you’d planned?” She asked with a lot more anger in her voice than she wanted to show.
“Because things changed, I fell in love with you and it wasn’t necessary anymore,” Luca approached her again.
He reached up and caressed her cheek.
Cadence closed her eyes, wishing he wouldn’t, but at the same time not wanting him to stop. He was her own little pill, her addiction, one she knew was very bad for her, but couldn’t give up or refuse all the same.
“Luca,” she whispered, as he pressed her body close to his.
For a little while they both didn’t say anything, as they stood there, with their foreheads lightly touching, silently enjoying their heated embrace.
Soon, though, for Luca just having Cadence in his arms was no longer enough, he had to taste her, kiss her and touch her.
He picked her up and laid her on the altar bed. It was cold and hard, but Cadence didn’t notice, all she was aware of was the heat between them as he covered her body with his.
AN:
After many detours and numerous speed bumps along the way, we have finally made it to the end of Cadence and Luca's story. It's been an incredible four years and I hope you have enjoyed the characters as much as I've enjoyed writing their story.
It was always my plan to have a sequel to The Forsaken, however over the past few months my life has become fuller and I don't have as much time as I used to. And since it's taken me almost four years to get to this point, I can honestly admit I don't have another four years for a sequel.
But I wanted to leave the story at a point where it's open for a sequel, and still give readers closure where the main characters are concerned.
So what does this mean?
I will still write and post updates when inspiration strikes. It won't be anything as structured as the first volume though, just glimpses of the future, very casual and laid back.
Credits & Acknowledgments:
Their kissing was tentative at first, but it grew more heated as he greedily pried her mouth open, demanding more of her while he peeled off their clothes, stripping them of everything standing between their desires.
Cadence was stunned by how easy it was to just put aside all her uncertainties and give him what he wanted, give in to her own yearning. Even if it was just for one night. She wanted more, but she honestly didn’t see how they could work things out.
Just thinking about not having forever with him brought tears to her eyes, she closed her eyes, trying to blink them away.
Luca immediately pulled away when he heard a small sob catch in her throat.
“What’s wrong?” One hand caressed her cheek, and the other was fumbling with something inside a small ornate box on the side of the bed.
“Nothing,” Cadence lied. Her eyes were still closed; she didn’t want to look at him. From the rustling sound of what she guessed to be a piece of foil paper tearing, she knew he’d found what he was looking for.
“Open your eyes,” Luca ordered her.
Cadence shook her head; she didn’t want him to see her tears.
“Open them!” He sounded stern this time, and she found herself doing exactly what he asked.
“Do you want me to stop?” The tender look in his eyes made her want to cry even harder.
“No,” Cadence whispered.
“Then what’s wrong?”
“Everything. I’m going to Bridgeport, and you’re going to Hidden Springs.”
“And I love you. And I know you love me so don’t try denying it. We’ll work this out, I promise.” Luca kissed her eyelids.
“What if we can’t? What if we can’t work it out? What if you get tired of me?” Cadence asked.
He didn’t say anything; instead he took her hand and wrapped it around him.
She gasped, shocked at how hard he was, more surprised by what he was making her do to him.
“Why do you think I’ll get tired of you?” he gently nipped her earlobe with his fangs, the sensation was too much for her, she gasped out his name, and for the moment she forgot about the task at hand.
“Why?” Luca demanded again, his desire throbbing in her hand, reminding her she still hadn’t accomplished her task.
“I don’t know,” Cadence cried, responding to his question, but at the same time telling him she couldn’t do what he wanted.
Gently he took her hand again, and he helped her slip the condom over his hard length.
This time, with his help, her efforts paid off, and she unconsciously did a small dance, undulating beneath him, celebrating her little victory.
She immediately stopped when she caught Luca staring at her.
“What are you doing?” He asked, clearly bemused by her antics.
Cadence flushed bright red. “Nothing.”
“You were dancing just now, weren’t you?”
“No, I wasn’t,” she denied it, but the longer she did, the harder he pushed to get a confession from her.
“Okay, I was dancing,” she admitted at last.
“I've always wanted you to dance for me.” He confessed before he rewarded her silliness with a long kiss.
She had an uncontrollable urge to laugh then and she tried to force it down, but she couldn’t, she let loose, and before long they were both sprawled over each other, laughing with tears in their eyes.
This wasn't how she’d imagined her first time would be, so far she’d managed to do everything in one go, laugh, cry and dance and make a fool of herself.
“Hey, you didn’t make a fool of yourself,” Luca assured her as he propped himself up on his elbow.
Cadence didn’t say anything, a strange silence settled around them, forcing her to retreat into her shell again.
Luca wouldn't let her stay there long though; he pulled her out and drew her closer to him.
“I won’t tire of you.” He answered her earlier question as he brushed the hair from her forehead, reminding her of that time in this very room, just before he told her about her father, it felt like such a lifetime ago.
“I’m scared.” Cadence confessed as he ran his thumb on her lips.
“I’ll be gentle,” Luca kissed the sensitive skin between her neck and collarbone. When his mouth traipsed downwards to the curve of her breast, Cadence forgot her anxiety for the moment; she arched her back, seeking more of his touch.
A moment later, though, she tensed up again when he moved over her. She was scared, petrified it would pain.
“I won’t hurt you,” he reiterated his earlier promise, his voice thick with desire as he paused at her entrance.
Cadence held her breath, waiting. And so slowly, he entered her, sending stars shooting behind her eyes. She moaned, biting back a scream, it hurt, but it felt so good too.
“Are you okay?” Luca asked as he pushed more into her, he couldn't believe how tight she was and how incredibly good she felt in his arms.
Cadence could only nod her head, she was overcome by sensations, and she gripped his back, running her nails on his flesh, egging him on. She wrapped her legs around his waist, giving him more entry and they both cried out when he was finally inside her fully. He felt hot and hard, and so good.
Slowly he withdrew from her, only to stroke back into her again and again, the in and out sensation drove her wild, and she found herself purring his name, making all sorts of proclamations, she couldn’t understand how it could pain and feel so good all at once.
“Promise me you’ll give us a chance,” Luca groaned as he withdrew from her again.
Cadence didn’t want to make promises she couldn’t keep, but from the tight, molten heat at her center she knew she was very close, and she needed him to take her over the edge.
“Promise me,” Luca hovered just inside her walls, eliciting a gasp from her.
“I-, please,” Cadence begged.
“Please what?”
“I need-” she cried tearfully, unable to finish her sentence, she couldn’t believe he would make her beg.
“You need this?” He pushed into her and slowly rubbed at her slit.Before she could enjoy having him back, he pulled out again, leaving her rattled.
“Do you?” He taunted as he captured her mouth and bit her bottom lip hard, her blood dancing on his tongue seemed to send him in a frenzy of some sort, he feverishly ran his hands on her body, pressing her closer to him, but he wouldn’t give in to her, no matter how hard she tried to lure him in.
“Yes,” Cadence nodded her head at last, unable to take his torture any longer.
“Yes,” Cadence nodded her head at last, unable to take his torture any longer.
“Then you know what you need to do.”
She knew he wouldn’t give in, her addiction, her weakness; he wouldn’t give her what she wanted, not until he had his way.
Crazed with need, eager for her release, she would have promised him anything then, she would have given him the moon if he’d asked.
“I promise.”
The moment she said the words, Luca joined their bodies again in a new dance, one she wasn’t really familiar with but eager to learn all the same.
The heady scent of their love clouding up the room, his bare skin on hers, their limbs entwined and the steady beat of their hearts, it was all incredible, and Cadence cried, she had never felt this swept away.
Luca was as gentle as he’d promised he would be, and he didn’t seem to mind at all that she was messing up their rhythm, going too fast when he wanted to take it slow, and hesitating when she should have been bold.
She watched the moonlight flicker across their sweat glistening bodies, as Luca awakened parts of her she never knew existed, moving her to places no music had ever taken her before.
She always knew making love with him would be good, but she didn’t know just how good until now.
In his arms, she was fire and magic and love; .In his embrace, she found a new sense of rhythm and new ways to express herself.
“I love you,” they cried at once much later when they both finally reached their peak, their bodies swaying and writhing, spent at last from their desire for the other…
They came down from their high too soon, and they crashed hard, all their fears and uncertainties were back full force as they lay in each other’s arms, each silently thinking about the past hour, their love making and what it all meant.
“Did you mean it?” Luca was the first to break the silence.
“What?”
“Your promise.” He replied. He hated feeling so vulnerable and unsure, but he knew using sex to force her to stay wasn’t right. No matter how much it would hurt, he was prepared to let her go, he wanted her to follow her heart and make her dreams come true; he wanted her to dance until the only song playing in her heart was his.
“I always keep my promises, Luca!” She told him as she took his hand and kissed it.
“But you’re still going to Bridgeport?”
“Yes! But a wise man told me Hidden Springs is not far from Bridgeport,” she replied with a content grin.
“I’m very happy you’ve finally met this wise man,” Luca murmured as he pulled her close to him, preparing to lead her through another dance…
The End
_________
AN:
After many detours and numerous speed bumps along the way, we have finally made it to the end of Cadence and Luca's story. It's been an incredible four years and I hope you have enjoyed the characters as much as I've enjoyed writing their story.
It was always my plan to have a sequel to The Forsaken, however over the past few months my life has become fuller and I don't have as much time as I used to. And since it's taken me almost four years to get to this point, I can honestly admit I don't have another four years for a sequel.
But I wanted to leave the story at a point where it's open for a sequel, and still give readers closure where the main characters are concerned.
So what does this mean?
I will still write and post updates when inspiration strikes. It won't be anything as structured as the first volume though, just glimpses of the future, very casual and laid back.
Credits & Acknowledgments:
- Thank you to all the custom content creators whose content I've used over the past fours years. I am constantly amazed at your talent and the level of realism you bring to our games
- To the followers: Thank you for taking an interest in The Forsaken and for all the page views.
- To the readers: I have no words to express the gratitude I feel for the support and encouragement I've received from all of you. Without your feedback and interest The Forsaken would not have made it this far. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you. Not only for reading and all your comments, but for your patience as well, I know a year is a very long time to keep you all waiting for a conclusion, and for that I am truly sorry. It was never my intention to keep you hanging.
- To Fae: Thank you. Without you, a lot of the scenes in TF would have been impossible to shoot, you have truly made the story come alive with your crazy talent at pose-making. Thank you.
- To Ozzy: Thank you for eight amazing years of friendship and inspiration and love. I've always said if I couldn't finish TF you would have to step in and finish it for me. In a lot of ways, TF was as much your baby as it was mine. So thank you for loving these characters as much as I do, and for indulging all my insane plots and for enduring all the very bad first drafts...And of course, for your amazing clean-up skills. Thank you.


























































































Wow so it's over....Not sure how to feel right now. Every one is on their course to their happily ever after so that's a good thing. :)
ReplyDeleteI've so missed my yummy Luca :D It was nice to see him again.
I enjoyed the story and happy you were able to finish it out for us readers.
Congrats on another story complete.
Yep, it's all over. I totally understand the not-sure-how-to-feel, feeling. I have that too.
DeleteYeah, everyone is set to start over some place new and follow their hearts and dreams.
LOL, glad you enjoyed seeing Luca again.
I'm forevery grateful that you decided to give TF a chance and you stuck with it till the end. I appreciate all your support over the years.
Thank you!
And thanks for reading and commenting!
Finally a happy ending :-) I'm glad Luca and Candence can work things out as it is about time.
ReplyDeleteGreat update and a wonderful ending
Yes, their happy ending was a long time coming. All sunshine and roses from here on.
DeleteThanks for reading and commenting.
Very good :) Excellent way to end the story. It all worked out, it will continue to work out.
ReplyDeleteCadence made a decision, Sonja is where she needs to be. Maybe in the future Luca will decide Bridgeport is a good place to go :) .. pictures were stunning, as always.... lively interaction between all of the characters....looking forward to the snippets as they come to see the future of this team ^_^
*applaud*
Thank you. You have no idea what it means to me to know you enjoyed the ending. I wrote and rewrote this update a lot of times, but the ending always just came back to how the story eventually ended. Yes, after all they've been through, things are starting to work out for all of them. I think it was important for Cadence to make a decision, throghout the story people were always deciding things for her, giving their opinions on what she should and shouldn't do. So for her to finally make up her own mind and do what she wants for herself and chase her dream is a good thing. Nothing can bring back the years Sonja lost with Warrick, but they have their whole future in front of them, no matter how uncertain or scary it may be, and for now, it's enough.
DeleteThanks for your lovely words on the pictures. I'm always in awe of your screenshots.
Yes, the snippets...hopefully they make up for not having a sequel.
Thank you so, so much for everything and for your friendship.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I hate having to leave your characters behind.... But I know it must be even harder for you. You tied up everything really nicely!
ReplyDeleteWill Cade use Sonja's necklace at some point? I can't imagine Luca letting her get old and eventually die. But then, Sonja would have to use another artifact maybe?
I'd really love to hear what you had in mind for the epilogue, even if you don't shoot it! I've always loved epilogues.
THANK YOU. I can't believe it's all over. For weeks before I posted this I was a little depressed because I realized I wasn't ready to say goodbye. But some stories have to end in order for new ones to be written and I guess TF was ready to end.
DeleteI love your question about Sonja and the necklace. It would have been dealt with in the Sequel, but just to answer briefly, I don't see how Warrick would let her give away the necklace, he needs it to hold on to her, and on the other hand, Luca would also probably need something to hold on to Cadence. Warrick and Sonja would have to come to some sort of understanding, and Luca and Cadence would need to talk about Luca being immortal and what it means for their relationship. Cadence might not want to live forever. Or maybe she would, but she wouldn't want to be a vampire. So yeah, the official answer would be, only time will tell.
The sequel would have focused on their lives post Twinbrook. Cadence being in Bridgeport and Luca being the the clan leader in Hidden Springs and how they deal with the distance, the vampires that Cadence locked away, and whether or not Ethan was really locked away since Emme did not see him but chose to confirm otherwise to the witches. I would have also focused on Rudi and Rachel and their new life without Cadence and the falllout between Rudi and his dad. And I wanted to to bring the hunters back too.
Thanks so much for reading and for commenting!
~ OK,first off, the pictures were a visual delight, & stunning to the eye,loved,loved, loved them all,especially the Luca NUDE ones!LOL! very tastefully done!
ReplyDelete~ Good to see that Luca,finally taught the dancer a "new" dance!LOL!
~ I am sorry it has taken me so long to comment,but all the last few chapters had me crying, & I really could not see to read or write by the time I had finished reading, I was so emotional with this last one, I will miss them all,but,if you ever get the time,we will be waiting for more on these Sims & your amazing way of painting their lives & personalities! ( I just knew this would happen,my words do not seem enough!)
~ You breath life into them & weave an amazing story for them! I love them & will miss them!
~ I still want my question answered about Sonja & Warrick,my what if?
~ I want the sequel!!!!! Oh,well, I do understand why!
~ I am missing this already!
~ As always,loved it! (And still looking forward to more!) LOL! (",)
Oh yay, you finally made it here! Woot, woot!
Delete~Those darn pictures were such a pain in the you know what to shoot. The Luca ones just make me blush and I had to close to the door so DH and DD didn't see what no good nonsense I was up to. And You're welcome! I''m glad you loved them. Anything for your Luca fix
~Yes, LMAO. She needed to learn some new dance moves. And Luca was just the teacher she needed.
~No worries, I understand. RL is getting increasingly demanding for everyone.
~ And yeah, I imagined you'd be emotional, they were like your babies too. We'll still see them though from time to time.
~LOL, your what if question would have been answered in the sequel and answering it would have answered Delphine's questiion about Sonja giving Cadence the necklace...Who knows maybe I'll still answer it?
~Thanks so much for reading and commenting and for all your support over the years. You've been an amazing friend.
I'm sure you've been nominated a bunch of times, so just add this one to the list. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://kissofavampire-100babychallenge.blogspot.com/2015/05/liebster-award.html
Thanks for the nomination and for including me. It was very sweet of you to think of TF. I appreicate it.
DeleteWooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!
ReplyDeleteI invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress
Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
My blog | Bloglovin
(ღˇ◡ˇ)♥(ˇ∗ˇღ)
Thanks for reading and commenting.
DeleteWelcome back! What a very fitting end! I understand the lack of time for a sequel, but I'm glad you left it open just in case. :) I'm so glad Luca and Cadence finally got together, and I wish them, and you, the best! :)
ReplyDelete