Volume 1.15: Closer

Type: Series
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: M
Characters: April, Andrew, Luca, Willow
Word Count: 1168
Glossary: 
Warning: none, not even language, someone's been a good girl


When you're standing on the edge
You don't look down
Till you're ready and willing to fly
Now I'm one step closer
With my arms open wide
One Step Closer-Bon Jovi

Al Simhara, Egypt
Present day...
Egypt was unbearably hot; the dry arid air, infused with the aroma of spices and incense, hit their nostrils the moment their plane touched down.

It was just after 9:00am when they walked into the main airport terminal, but the place was a beehive of activity and chaos.

Everywhere they turned they were greeted by excited chatter in different accents, people rushing in to the country and some were leaving. Many were eager to be reunited with their loved ones and others looked just about ready to leave the dessert behind them and return to ‘civilization’.
April and Willow struggled to keep up with Luca’s and Andrew’s long strides as they moved swiftly through the throngs of travelers and airport staff. After a while they gave up, Luca and Andrew carried on to the baggage collection area.

They stopped at a curio shop. It was a quaint little place, tucked between Exclusive Books, the major bookseller in these parts, and Mugg & Bean, which according to their travel brochure served the best falafel and bottomless coffee.

The two ladies hesitated at the door, half in and half out, the trinkets on the glass displays looked enticing, but they really didn’t have anyone to buy gifts for.
Willow was now a lone wolf, she’d cut all ties with her coven when they learned she planned on helping Andrew break out his sister from the Youngblood’s prison. Witches, whether they knew each other not, stuck together and she’d learned this the hard way when her own coven refused to be part of her grand scheme with the Vampires. They’d insisted their loyalty was with the Youngblood  coven; because of what they were they were automatically on their side.

April on the other hand, had no living relatives; her parents had died decades ago, soon after Julian turned her. Luca and Andrew were the only friends she had, and they certainly didn’t need or want trinkets.
“Should we?” Willow sighed as she glanced at a pair of pyramid shaped earrings.

April thought they looked ghastly, but the dazed look in the Witch’s eyes told her the heart wants what the heart wants. At that moment it was those heavy pyramid earrings Willow’s heart wanted.
Before she could reply, the sales assistant pounced on them like a vulture ready to pick their bones clean. He’d sensed their indecisiveness the moment they approached the windows. The fact that they’d lingered for so long had told him they were open to a little convincing.
He introduced himself as Ahmad. And he was brutally persuasive as he rushed them from one glass casing to the next, showing off earrings and neckpieces.

Willow’s eyes grew as round as saucers when he pulled out a set of gold and Tanzanite earrings and necklace from a secret compartment he’d unlocked by punching a few keys on the keypad located on the side of the display.
Ahmad, in his impassioned sales pitch voice, claimed the set was once Cleopatra’s, the Egyptian queen.

“Really?” Willow squealed with excitement and April couldn’t help but laugh.
“You do know he’s lying right?” she muttered, and Ahmad glared at her, silently warning her not to ruin his sale.

“Yes, yes, it’s true,” Ahmad continued in his oriental accent as he shoved the necklace in Willow’s hands, “It was a wedding gift from Mark Antony-”

His thick accent made it hard for them to keep up with his tale, but since Willow, the romantic that she was, had miraculously made out love and fate and happiness in his long narration, she was sold.

April rolled her eyes when the Witch fished out her credit card. But before the sale could be finalized, Luca and Andrew walked in and whisked them away.
Willow was not impressed.  She complained all the way to the base camp.

“If you want Cleopatra’s earrings so much, I’ll steal them for you from the museum,” Andrew told her.

“Awesome! And I’ll be the getaway driver,” Willow cried excitedly.

“You know this, Bonnie and Clyde. That’s us!” Andrew added and for a long time Luca and April listened to their playful exchange and they both longed for the people they loved.
As April stared at the shimmering mirage in the horizon, she couldn’t believe they were really in Egypt, just a step closer to setting Julian free.

She was excited and nervous about the D-Day, but she also knew it wouldn’t be a smooth road for her and Julian.

Vampires loved deeply and when they made a commitment it was forever, they didn’t handle infidelity and betrayal very well, if at all.  She’d seen it first hand with Luca and Renee. And knowing how alike the Delacroix brothers were, she knew, despite all her good intentions, Julian may never forgive her actions.
The longer Luca watched Willow and Andrew fool around in the backseat; the more he missed kissing Cadence.

She’d been on his mind constantly since leaving Twinbrook. He didn’t have her cell phone number so he’d resorted to calling her home phone when they landed at Al Simhara International. He’d wanted to talk to her, find out how her day was and if she’d broken things off with the Kingston boy. But the coward that he was had hung up when he heard her voice. She made him nervous. Even when she was so far away.

He frowned darkly when he remembered her words about Mitchell being her boyfriend. He had no right to be jealous, or to even tell her to stop seeing the human boy, but he couldn’t stand the thought of another male, human or otherwise, touching her, and he’d said the first thing that  had popped to his head when he saw the challenging look in her eyes.

He knew he was getting too emotionally entangled with her and it wouldn’t end well; nothing would ever come out of his feelings for her.
He sighed, thinking that maybe the time away from Cadence was a good thing, and maybe Egypt would not only give them the keystone, but also reverse the spell she’d cast on him.

“Are you okay?” April asked him. She’d sensed his darkening mood.

Luca gave her a brief look before slowly nodding his head. April was a good sounding board, easy to talk to. But he doubted she’d want to know he was freefalling into the fire.

“I’m fine,” he lied. They pulled up at the base camp before April could push him to talk.
Willow had never been to Al Simhara and the last time she’d gone camping was in her senior year of high school twelve years ago, so she was a little too enthusiastic when she found out they’d be roughing it out.
April wasn’t so thrilled though.

“Really, Andrew? Wasn’t there a three star hotel at the very least?” She moaned as they unloaded their luggage bags from the car…

18 comments:

  1. OMG HE DOES LOVE HER!!!!!!!! This made me yay so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Your comment just cracked me up, I could picture you yaying! But, that's not what I meant about some things being answered, I was referring to Luca's quesfionable actions in the light of the scrapbook.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. ~ Willow seems to be the only one enjoying this trip!
    ~ Poor Luca,hoping that the trip will help him forget,Not happening!
    ~ April & her thoughts,there is a tell in there!
    ~ Loved it,the scenery & pictures are breathtaking!
    ~ More when you can,as I loves it!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -yeah, Willow is def enjoying the trip. She's having fun.
      -LOL, I agree, not happening is about right, he'll need more than Egypt to cure him.
      -April's thoughts are very telling.
      -I love Egypt more than the other two destination areas, it's gorgeous.
      -Ofcourse, I aim to please.

      Delete
  3. Getting to see my Luca brightened up my gloomy rainy day! I love Willow and her excitement. She's like a child being let outside for the first time. So cute to watch. I wonder will her coven warn the Youngbloods? I hope not but if they stick together they might. I hope Willow didn't share the fact that they had a star of their own. I need Luca to get his brother out.

    So Renee cheated???? Interesting, who would cheat on Luca? I love how Cade makes him nervous. It's love, it's gotta be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you just claim your man. So possessive! Careful, Cadence will put a curse on you! Seriously though, I'm glad a Luca update brightened up your day.

      Willow is fast becoming my fav female character, she's exactly the way you described her. Her coven will show their support of the Twinbrook coven by not helping Willow, but they will not get actively involved in the grand scheme of things, so they will not be warning them, they've chosen not to get involved and cutting ties with Willow is as a far as they are willing to go in this fight. And no, Willow didn't share that bit of info with anyone.

      Yes, Renee cheated on Luca.

      All the signs seem to be pointing to it being love, but Luca won't give in to it. He can't.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Willow seems so sweet. She really believed those were Cleopatra's earrings! It's a good thing she had friends looking after her as trusting as she seems to be!

    Poor Apirl, looking forward to seeing Julian and dreading his reaction. I hope he'll forgive her and understand why she did it. Doing it hurt her too!

    Luca already missing Cadence and not knowing what has happened with her!

    I agree with Karima, the scenery and pictures were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow is a sweet girl. She was excited to be in Egypt and she may have been a little gullible, but like you said, it's a good thing she had April looking out for her.

      I love your insight into April. Yes, giving herself to Ethan hurt her more than Luca or Julian will ever know. Hopefully Julian can see past that.

      That's sad, Luca and Cade, he has no idea how much shit he's in.

      Thank you for the compliment on the shots. I love shooting in Egypt, it gives an amazing backdrop.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. I finally finished reading it.:)

    My rant!!
    Luca needs to confess to Cadence about how he feels and they need to be together, I know tell him to phone her right away and get her to Egypt lol.

    FINISHED.... The scenes were gorgeous and April poor women I would hate to be left with that feeling of guilt. Andrew and his flirting, just get together and get on with life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay,

      So glad you did!

      All in good time, Lckygrl, all in good time. For now his primary focus is getting the keystone. Imagine how distracted he'd be if Cadence came to Egypt. No work would get done.

      Thank you, I adore Egypt's scenery. It's breathtaking. Julian has to forgive April, and maybe she can forgive herself.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Ok I don't know what to make of Willow, to me she seems very naive I just hope she can't be easily, persuaded otherwise the vampires may have a problem on there hands. Mm liked how you put that little snippet regarding Luca & Renee I was hoping to read more but no! low and behold you've left us hanging again LOL. So I wonder who cheated on who my money's on Luca as Renee wasn't his soul mate Cadence is, but they could have both cheated on each other, knowing how you like to twist and turn the story.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,

      Yep, she does seem naive and gullible. She's really a big kid at heart. I agree, with her trusting nature, she can easily be manipulated, but so far, the Vamps haven't had any reason not to trust her. She loves Andrew and she'd never do anything to jeopardize his only chance of getting his sister out.

      LMAO. You taught me not give everything away too soon, so yeah, I have to keep you hanging. And I like your thinking, about Luca being the one to have cheated on Renee since she's not his soul mate. And I squealed like mad at what you said about Cadence being Luca's soul mate. But only time will tell if she is.

      Thanks for reading.

      *Hugs back at you*

      Delete
  7. Willow acts like a real blonde :P
    From some one who has been trough much she doesn't show it. hehe
    Poor Luca thinking about the Cadence, must be hard being a dominating male and falling for a stubborn little lady. Cadence is a lot like her mother :)
    Great chapter. I want more, but I always do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment cracked me up.

      *hush, don't let the other blonde (Karima) hear you say that*

      Willow's weakness is jewelry, couple with her excitement of visiting a foreign land, she would have bought the whole of Egypt if she could.

      My sympathies are with Luca too, it looks like the lamb will tame the lion with this one. I agree, Cadence takes a lot from her mom, and knowing how much Luca hates Sonja, that may be a problem (how alike they are) if they ever get together.

      I will not give you more until you update The Awakening or Unleashed hearts.

      Thanks for reading, Karin!

      Delete
    2. I am a real blonde myself :) I use it sometimes, and it really works :P
      I try to see If I can work on a update this weekend for the awakening, because of the novel writing I haven't had much time yet!
      Your very welcome :)

      Delete
  8. Yay for Egypt! Luca is definitely falling for Cadence, I smell drama coming! :D Willow is very pretty, but she's sure gullible if she almost bought those earrings. lol Those vampires better be careful in Egypt with all that sun! I look forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about Luca falling for Cadence, but he's not at a point where he's ready to admit it. Willow is one the prettiest sims I've ever made and gullible for sure, but where it counts she won't let the vampires down.

      Thanks for reading and for catching up!

      Delete
  9. "..they both longed for the people they loved." Hehe...does this mean that Luca LOVES Cade. :}

    Luca is in SERIOUS trouble. He is so in love with that girl, there is no reversing her spell! I love it! Am I bad to like to see the suffering of a guy in love? XD I really like reading about it. XD I guess its cause IMm a girl who knows all to well the suffering of us poor ladies in love...its good to read that they suffer as well. HA!

    Anyways, I love Willow! She is such an optimistic, romantic person! I love her character, so light and fun. And her relationship with Andrew is so cute...Im happy to see a good relationship working out. I can imagine the heart pangs that April and Luca must be getting though from it. :[

    April seems in a turmoil as they get closer to freeing Julian..and its totally understandable...

    Another wonderful chapter!

    ReplyDelete